On 19/08/2016 15:15, Don Wilhelm wrote:
Stewart,

It sounds like you have the XV144 JP7 jumpered and not JP8 - otherwise you would not be able to power the XV144 on/off with the front panel switch. With the jumper on JP8 and none on JP7, the XV144 will power itself on when you select the 144MHz band (actually the K3 TRN address that matches the address set into the the XV144 DIP switches).
This is the mode that it operates in.

In order for this selection to happen, you must have 12 volts at the power jack of the XV144 whenever the K3 is powered on.

If you are turning the XV144 off at its power supply, then I suspect it will load the K3 AUX signal and cause "strange behavior" in the K3.

OK - I have the oven heater on when not selected, and turn the XV144 PSU off if I want to turn the oven off because I am unlikely to use 2M for a while. From the sound of it I need to keep it powered up whenever the K3 is on. A minor irritation since they use separate supplies/

73

Stewart/G3YSX

The solution is to leave power on the XV144 - no debugging necessary.

73,
Don W3FPR