Ken,

The numerical assignment of the transverter - the "n" in "XVn" - will produce a corresponding output on the K3 Band Data lines. Note that the setting of the menu CONFIG:KIO3 can change the behavior of the band data lines.

The XVn ADR has to do with the data sent on the AUXBUS and is used to select the Elecraft XV series transverters.

A CAT command to move the K3 to a transverter band is done by sending the frequency. Note that in your case, you have a conflict caused by having two transverters for the same band.

It may be that the only way around your problem is to assign the XV8 RF menu parameter to something other than 144MHz, and when you want to use TRN8 via CAT command you will have to tell the K3 to go to that band rather than 144MHz. If it were mine, I would first try setting XV8 RF to 244MHz. If it works, you will just have to remember that the high order "1" should be subtracted from the displayed frequency. In other words telling your application sending the CAT frequency data to go to 244100kHz may land you on your external transverter and should not produce a conflict.

73,
Don W3FPR