      From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <li...@subich.com>
 To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Friday, September 16, 2016 5:17 PM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 audio quality

EQ settings here:

SSB: -16, -16, -6, 0, 0, +3,  +5,  -6

CW:  -16,  -3,  0, 0, 0, -6, -10, -12

SSB setting are designed to roll off low frequency QRM,
provide some "presence" in the 1200-2800 Hz range essential
for intelligibility and roll off high frequency hiss, noise
and QRM.

Those who like "full range" audio (ESSB QRM generators) will
be appalled at the low frequency cut but it makes a big
improvement in intelligibility in most conditions.  Audio at
100 Hz and below is absolutely not needed for communication.

CW Settings are designed to roll off outside my CW listening
range.  My "pitch" is 460 Hz so I keep 200 - 800 Hz flat and
cut above/below a 600-700 Hz passband.  If one is using a
higher "pitch" it would be worthwhile changing the 1600 Hz
band from -6 to 0.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

Message delivered to farrerfo...@yahoo.com