Congrats, Fred, on your K2! You'll have a lot of fun building and
using it.

These mail lists are much, much faster and easier to use than any web
based forum or BB system.  Have you tried using a news reader / mail
reader software such as free Forte Agent?

 <http://www.forteinc.com/agent/download.php>

I use their older version as the newer version is 'too modern' for my
tastes, but it makes short work of newsgroups and email. A big plus is
that it will not accept HTML.