Hi all,

I have an end-fed antenna with some random wire. The UNUN at one end of it
has three sockets to plug the random wire in: 1:4, 1:9 and 1:16.

My KX3 has the built-in ATU.

I now want to find out on which band I best use which one of the sockets.
As a first step, I wrote a simple program kx3lc.py (see
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/5d53f5bdbc50782a9d5e2c8d7062be69) that
can give me an output like this:

holger@laptop:/usr/src/afu/kx3/swr$ ./kx3lc.py
L: 0.12 mH,  C: 203.0 pF on transmitter side

Am I right to assume that the ATU settings with the lowest L is always the
best?  So when I have (for the three sockets), these values,

L: 0.12 mH,  C: 203.0 pF on transmitter side
L: 0.0 mH,  C: 246.0 pF on transmitter side
L: 0.0 mH,  C: 256.0 pF on antenna side   (but lowest SWR 1.2-1)

... that the middle socket is the best?

73
Holger, DH3HS

PS: those values are all bogus, I measured when when my end-fed was in a
big curl inside my shack ...