From: Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:09 pm
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Camping radio ops: then and now
To: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>, Matt Maguire
<matt.vk...@gmail.com>

I was writing software for radios in 1981. Diagrams might help understanding,
but the source code is the equivalent to a schematic. We already have a block
diagram for the KX3 and people keep complaining.
http://www.elecraft.com/manual/KX3%20Manual%20Block%20Diagram.pdf
I’m still pretty danged curious about the noise reduction. I think it is based
on a Kalman filter with the “known signal” input generated from a
lowpass-filtered or averaged version of the input. But I won’t figure that out
from the block diagram. So, not useful to me.

wunder
K6WRUWalter Underwood
CM87wjhttp://observer.wunderwood.org/ (my blog)