I strongly agree, Mike - especially with that last sentence, "I just did
not expect Elecraft to adopt that attitude."

The K3 schematics were published shortly after the release of the K3
itself and have proved invaluable. They have saved me literally hundreds
of dollars in return shipping costs for repairs that - thanks to having
the schematics - turned out to be very minor and easily done at home.

Fast forward to last year when, as an early adopter of the K3S, I was
very disappointed to hear afterwards that the schematics would not be
published. Having already had to repair the K3S more than once using the
old K3 schematics, I can tell you that was no fun at all!

Same as Mike, that was not the deal I'd had thought I was buying into.

We have a saying in Scotland that "someone needs to have a word with
himself" about this.

73 from Ian GM3SEK

I'm a