Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 5:14 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3S QST Article

The cause for this is the use of 12V finals. It would be much
improved
by moving to 24 or 50V finals.

Move the /K3s II/ to 50V finals, say a pair of MRF 150's, limited
to 150
or 200W max output. Design/Sell an outboard 50V switching supply
capable
of 15-20A continuous current, with a 10A 12V switcher built in
for the
rest of the radio.