I'm considering adding a bigger amp to the shack. I'd like to continue to
use the KPA/KAT combo for quick hits and the bigger amp if/when needed. So
I'd like to make it convenient to switch between them.

The people I've talked to so far actually move coax to make the switch. I'd
like to avoid that.

I'd need to switch the K3s output from the KPA to the AL1500 and obviously
switch the outputs as well.

Obviously I'd also need to set the non-KPA power out of the K3 to the per
band power needed by the AL1500. I seldom run 100w so that wouldn't be a
big deal.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has done this without screwing/unscrewing
UHF connectors.

Extra credit for idiot proofing. ;-)

73

jim ab3cv