Hi Jim,

I'm doing exactly that, but with a Ten Tec Titan 425 rather than the 1500. My method is pretty simple -- I'm using two of W2VJN's 1x2 Top Ten relay boxes, one at the inputs, the other at the outputs. They work well, except that the SWR is pretty poor on 6M (and is starting to rise on 10M) because these boxes use the chassis as the signal return rather than carrying it on the circuit board. To clarify, only a single wire goes from each coax connector to the circuit board. And even if the shield was carried, the return layer is broken on the return layer.

I put a "band-aid" on the SWR problem by adding the return path, and by adding a small stub on the output of the switch on the KPA500 side. To add the return path, you need to run a short piece of braid from each coax connector to the circuit board near where the center conductor is terminated, and add short sections of braid across the board following the signal path from input to each of the outputs. That reduces the SWR by half, the stub finishes it off.

Other vendors make similar boxes, but I haven't seen them, so I don't know if they do the signal return correctly or not. I don't recall the exact length of the stub, but I think I recall that the alternative was a cap of about 11 pF.

73, Jim K9YC