From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Matt
Zilmer
Sent: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 1:36 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KX3 Transmit EQ Settings

Best is to eliminate the low (50, 100, 200 Hzbands).  These contribute
nothing to intelligibility, and the MH3 has frequency response below 400 Hz,
so you'd just be wasting energy because of this.  With the low bands at 0dB,
I got reports of muddy audio.

I would also suggest a mid-band boost, say at 1.6 and 2.4 KHz, of 3 to 5 dB.
This will assist intelligibilityin general.

I'm using these settings on a K3, KX3, and on a KX2 with different
microphones, and all of them produce excellent voice audio as reported
on-air.

73,

matt W6NIA

On 11/9/2016 1:28 PM, k4mmg....@gmail.com wrote:
> Any suggestions on what EQ settings for good SSB communication using the
Elecraft hand mic?

--
Always store beer in a dark place.  - R. Heinlein

Matt Zilmer, W6NIA
[Shiraz]

delivered to r...@elecraft.com