George,

I think you have an LPB problem rather than a K3 problem.

With LP-Bridge (Not LPB2), you should be able to use a rate of 38400 between LPB and the K3. As the baud rate goes down, the polling rate must be increased.

Since you have the K3, you should be using LP-Bridge instead of LPB2.

You will find excellent support for LP-Bridge on the LP-Pan reflector, or contact Larry directly. He is quite responsive to problems.
There is excellent setup information for LP-Bridge at www.telepostinc.com.

73,
Don W3FPR