Lynn: Since the computer is not connected to the network, there should be little potential for evil except that which I generate myself! The major evil is the power that it draws!

Tom and Guy: It certainly begins to sound as if the drivers are at fault. I formerly ran the program on my old XP machine with no problems, although I don't really remember if I gave it the "24 hour stress test". But that machine is too slow to use all the programs I want to use. But, Tom, I don't think it is memory leak, since running Task Manager and looking at the memory usage, I get a steady value around 1.1 GB for everything that is running, and this value does not change over 24 hours. Curiously, however, NaP3's CPU usage shows big spikes about every 20 seconds, going from ~20% to about 60% and back again. Both processors do this in parallel. This is not a LPB problem, however, since LPB shows a steady, low usage if NaP3 is not running.

So, with a big thanks to everyone who replied, I will take the easy way out and shut down the computer at night. Maybe some day I will understand enough to use a different cure.

73 - George, W3HBM