hello all,

my K2 (no tuner, 10W) is fine on SSB now, I use the Kenwood dynamic
microphone (600 Ohm) now and it sounds very good. I have purchased a
Heil Proset together with my K2 kit, and now I'd like to connect it to the K2.
have a Heil Kenwood adapter from former times when I connect the
headset, there is no modulation from the Headset Microphone. I think it is a
condensor Microphone and needs a phantom voltage for proper function.
Which resistor value between Pin 6 and Pin 1 do you recommend for this
microphone?
Is there a special adapter to connect the Proset to the K2 or can I savely use
the old Kenwood adapter cable?

Another question: when I watch the ALC meter I get the less ALC lights the
higher the band. With 10m there is most of the time no ALC LED at all, or
only 1 section is lighting. Is this normal?
FYI I made the qrpproject SSB modification in my K2 #5203 for better
modulation and higher output.

73! de Werner OE9FWV

--
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Email powered by Pegasus Mail free at <http://www.pmail.com>
Homepage: <http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/>
Fone +43 5522 75013
Fax +43 820 555 85 2621