From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Mike
Smith VE9AA
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2016 3:52 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Mobile Radio Dreams & the KX2

I run mobile. Have for decades.  The past ~5 yrs have been with a Yaesu
FT-857D and a MINI COOPER.

As much as I love my K3 *(and my other radios), if my Yaesu mobile rig died
tomorrow, there is nothing at Elecraft

that could replace it for even CLOSE to the price I could find another 857D
for.

The main attraction of the FT-857D for me is, as others have pointed out,
the remote head.  Mine is on a post in a cup holder.

Secondarily, 100W, and also 6m and MAYBE 2m.  I never use 70cm, but have on
occasion used a 2m repeater (once a year perhaps) and

every summer, work 6m Es from the car.

If Elecraft were to come out with a KX3-250, I might buy it. (A KX3 with
small piggy back amp of 250w) but it would have to be at a price point I
could afford.

Keep in mind, I am in Canada, so I end up paying nearly double for every
product from our Southern neighbours. (not quite, but close) A recent big
dollar order from a major ham supplier south of the border ended up being
about 1.7x the original price (in my dollars) by the time it was in my
house.

I am anxious to buy another mobile rig, but need the remote head, 100w and
at least 6m...and not sky high pricing ! J (hi)

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB

delivered to k9...@live.com