One does not need to jam too-large cable into the power pole connector. Do
the power pole normally with the #10 zip cord. Then two or three inches
away from the power pole, splice in two more parallel runs of the #10 zip
cord. Solder and tape these splices.

This will divide your voltage drop by three. 14.6 at PS can be 14.3 at K3,
better for TX IMD.

The IR loss is spread along the entire wire. A few inches of single #10 to
service the connector will not make any difference.

Another approach is to fasten down a length of #4 - 3 plus ground "Romex"
cable. You can get this stuff cut to exact length at the big box store. At
either end terminate with soldered splices to a few inches of #10 zip cord.
Black and green to black, red and white to red. That will allow you to put
PS anywhere you want. You do need a pretty permanent placement of equipment
for this.

73, Guy.

--
Sent via Gmail Mobile on my iPhone