Hi folks.  I'm in the final steps for getting my KX1 working and am kind of
stuck.  Since Elecraft is closed until Wednesday I thought I'd check with y'all
for a few ideas before then.

Q1). What exactly is TUNE mode supposed to do? For me it doesn't appear to do
anything.

BTW, I'm trying to align the thing and I have a random wire dipole fed directly
to the antenna jack.  I have the KXAT1 ATU option assembled but it's not
installed in the rig yet.

Also, tuning around I hear almost no CW or Phone signals on either the 40 or
the 20 meter bands.  My antenna is 70 feet long and I just kind of tossed it
all through my house floor.  It's raining here in Texas so I don't want to get
outside and hang it in a tree if not required

 I do hear some irritating tones spread across both bands, but that's about it.

I'm wondering if you have any ideas on how to proceed, or what my trouble could
be.

Thank you,
Paul