It always pays to keep your eyes open. The local (and only ) surplus store here has a pile of heat sinks that look just great for a 250 watt solid state PA. The good part is that they also have a pair of SMA connectors, PC boards, and associated flanged 50 ohm resistor good for several hundred watts. I think I paid $15 for one, so I got two DC to 2.4 GHz dummy loads for $7.50 each. It is easy to modify them for what ever connector you want. Jim is right, but always bring a pocket ohm meter! heh heh.

Dave K1WHS