On Thu,12/29/2016 12:27 PM, Doug Smith wrote:
But, then, I received an Official Observer Advisory Notice that I was “emitting
a CW signal with a chirp”.

Doug,

Some ideas. It's possible that "the signal with a chirp" was a spurious one caused by instability (oscillation) in your amplifier. By "spurious" I mean not your main signal, but another signal off frequency from it. I would look into how you're setting amplifier power (you should be doing it by setting the K3S to produce just enough output to get the amplifier power that you want), you should NOT be using ALC between the amp and the K3S, and you should be carefully tuning the amp every time you QSY.

That "signal with a chirp" could also be the result of RF feedback. That could be caused by a bad connection of a coax shield, or by a bad piece of coax, or even by an antenna that is too close to your shack. Or by equipment that is not properly bonded together. EVERY piece of gear in your station should have short, fat, copper conductors bonding its chassis to every other chassis.

73, Jim K9YC