Why would not an OO try to notify the operator on the air.... especially
if there is some need for verification.  I would think that most
operators would like to know and appreciate the help diagnosing any
issues...

Is there some rule in the OO program that requires it to be  a sneak report?

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389