I've actually heard a K3 (not a K3S) with a very slight chirp when using an
Ameritron AL-811 amp and even a little more chirp when using an Alpha (not sure
the model) caused by RF feedback somewhere in the system.  Before he got rid of
his KPA500 this never happened.  Funny, but he's only running around 500 watts
out with the Ameritron.  I suspect it is caused by an almost resonant piece of
coax between the K3 and the amp as it only seems to happen on 40 meters.

W0EB

Sent from my iPad