I have built 2 K1 kits and used the 80khz tuning range both times without much
thought, as I only needed 20khz or so for all my work.  This has never seemed
to be a limitation, until now.  I have been working the straight key century
club (skcc) freq. of 7120khz so have to use my K2 or Sierra.  This hardly
constitutes a hardship at home but I would like to be able to use my K1 on this
freq.  when portable, since it is my rig of choice away from the home shack.
It seems like 15khz per revolution should not be a problem. This is still
slower than my Sierra tuning rate of about 20khz.  I did put a very large knob
on the Sierra which helps fine tuning.  Has anyone gone from 80khz to 150khz
and regretted  the change?    Rick - K7MW