John,

The first step to solving RF-in-the-shack problems is to work on your antenna system. Better common mode chokes on your feedline(s). See the information by Jim Brown K9YC at http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf.

If you still have problems after taking those measures, then use ferites on cables as a last resort solution.

The reason I say this is because if you have RF interfering with the wiring in your station, you likely have similar interference on all wires in your station - you can fix one or two, but another similar problem will rear its ugly head later on. If you fix the problem at its source, you will fix a lot of "strange behaviors".

73,
Don W3FPR