Many years ago, when computers filled buildings, consumed a megawatt or two, and the IBM CEO forecast a world-wide market for them of maybe six, ten tops ... automatic antenna matching, particularly in HF mobile environments, was sometimes achieved by sampling the voltage and current at the feed point and driving a motor on the matching unit's capacitor shaft to make the phase difference zero [i.e. resonance]. Should be able to do that with a mag loop today in a much smaller package.

I do wish Alex had put a 10:1 drive on the capacitor shaft however.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County