Stan,

Thanks for the inspiring tale!

I did an outing with the KX2 yesterday and had excellent results. I was using a
4-foot 20-meter whip with 13-foot ground wire, sitting on a bluff in the
Antelope Valley, gazing at the San Gabriel mountains. Worked stations all over
the country, including a W1 on RTTY (with the keyer paddle).

I, too, will miss the KX1. It was the first radio I used SMDs in. But the KX2
is about the same size and has so much more capability.

73,
Wayne
N6KR