Kevin, you are correct. It's not the "spam" per-se, but the likelihood that people on this list are receiving trojan horses, and opening them.

I know this address appears in exactly one place: here. It was harvested from this list in one way or another.

It's possible someone found and signed up just for the purpose of harvesting, but that takes time, and anyone who is harvesting is going to find the easiest way possible.

That's a trojan horse.

The E-Mail messages all look like this:

Dear Sir or Madam,

This is to inform you to appear in the Court on the February 16.
You are kindly asked to prepare and bring the documents relating to the case to
Court on the specified date.

We attached the Notice to this e-mail.

With sincere thanks,
 ,
Court Secretary.

(attachment removed)

I'm not tempted to open the attachment, because it contains a script to harvest addresses and deliver that to someone who will use it to spam.

This is just one kind of trojan horse. Others encrypt all your files, and offer to sell them back to you. Some will try to steal your banking info.

Please just read anything with an attachment carefully. Ask yourself "does this even look real?" before you open it (or click on a link).

73 -- Lynn