Folks, I posted about having built the CW Resonant Speaker in the February 2017 and having problems with low audio.  This is a follow-up report for those with interest in this subject.

It works!  It's fabulous!  It's unbelievable how great it sounds! CW pops out and background noise is significantly reduced.

I built it EXACTLY as described in the article and ordered the EXACT parts listed.  My problem was not enough audio coming from either my KX1 or my KX2 headphone jacks.

I purchased a fully assembled 15 watt mono amplifier - Qianson TDA2030A 15W Mono Channel Audio Power Amplifier Board AC/DC 12V AMP Module - Amazon for $11.80.

With the new amp, my speaker is acoustically resonant at 760 Hz and I have plenty of volume; enough to fill the room.  The author had claimed "around 700 Hz" so it's in the ballpark.  I can verify that the construction article was accurate.

I wanted 600 Hz so I built a vinyl sleeve to insert into the street elbow and set my sidetone pitch for 600 Hz then slid the sleeve up and down until I got a very obvious peak in volume.

I'm still a "can fan" for serious CW operating, but it's nice to be able to listen to sweet CW that pops right out now that the higher frequency sounds are substantially subdued.

This was a really worthwhile little project.

73, Stan WB2LQF