It's likely the KX1 or KX2 have much lower audio power available than your
K3S.

73, Ron AC7AC

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of
efortner
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:35 PM
To: 'stan levandowski'; Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] (OT) Follow-up on CW Resonant Speaker

Stan,

I have built three of the resonant speakers per the QST article. I am using
a K3s and have plenty of audio without an amplifier. The three speakers were
all in the ballpark of 700 Hz. I took a 2 inch coupling and put on the
street elbow and it resonates at about 500 hz. There might be slightly more
audio coming out of the external speaker but when the resonant speaker is
switched on the noise level drops enough to be noticeable so the project was
worthwhile.

Earl, K4KAY