From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Ed
Muns
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 7:14 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Receiver mush

I concur with most, but not all, of N6TV's recommendations below.  If we all
agreed on all the CONFIG parameters they wouldn't need to be variable!

One that I particularly disagree with is how to narrow the IF bandwidth in
SSB mode.  The recommendation to narrow the bandwidth and then lower the IF
Shift is unnecessarily cumbersome on SSB.  After going through these
gyrations, you'll find that the LO CUT is where it was before you started.
So, all that needs to be done to narrow the SSB IF bandwidth is simply
decrease HI CUT.  One quick, easy operation and the audio is entirely
intelligible throughout the adjustment.

Ed W0YK