From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Bert
Garcia N8NN
Sent: Thursday, April 6, 2017 12:43 PM
To: 'Mike Morrow'; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KX2 Matching Power Amplifier

The KX2 is recommended to operate at 5 watts and below for digital modes.
When operating QRP, you are often at the noise level on the receiving end,
especially with compromise antennas.  Any improvement, even 5 dB, will make
the difference between being heard or not.  My primary design goal for a
KXPA35 is low cost, thus I suggest a modest power level, no SWR/wattmeter, a
manual bandswitch, and any other cost savings that can be had.  Those
wanting a full gallon of 100 watts with all the cool features Elecraft has
to offer can opt for the KXPA100, a truly fine amplifier in all respects.
Rather than a fancy pair of shoes, I'm just looking for a pair of
flip-flops.

Bert N8NN