From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of John
Pierce
Sent: Saturday, April 8, 2017 4:22 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] ICOM Remote Antenna Tuner

I am looking at remote antenna tuners.  I have seen several controllers for the
ICOM AH-4 tuner.  My questions are about operation with a K3s.
1.      Is there a limit to the time that 10w of RF can be sent to the AH-4
via the K3s Tune button?
2.      All circuits specify a momentary switch, but does momentary mean
0.1sec, 1.0sec or 5seconds? Does the time matter?
3.      When the complete signal returns from the AH-4 should the Tune RF or
the momentary be terminated immediately?
4.      Is there a combination of momentary or Tune RF that will damage the
AH-4?

I have an AH-4 which worked with a home built controller for some months, and
then became operationally intermittent and final fails to work at all.
That makes me gun-shy, about buying another even though the AH-4 gets excellent
reviews on eHam, almost all of which are based on an ICOM rig control.

John, AD2F

delivered to k9...@live.com