It is all automatic.  AM, RTTY or CW.  Any constant carrier mode.  It will
also tune on SSB voice if you wish, but that isn't the best.  The processor
does a frequency analysis and tunes accordingly.

It is well outlined here on SGC's web site.

http://www.sgcworld.com/SideAd06.html and
http://www.sgcworld.com/generalsmartFAQ.html

These are not hobby grade tuners like ham ones we use (Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu
or even LDG).  These are commercial and military grade tuners.

I have used 4 of them on and off over the years when I need a tuner.
However, today, I only use resonant antennas and eliminate the need for a
tuner.

I have 1 SGC259 as a spare in case I need it for an emergency.  It is on my
2nd antenna port on my flex radio at my remote base.
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1509

http://www.sgcworld.com/239ProductPage.html

There is an SGC user group you can join.  Most of the Marine guys use them
as well.

Mike va3mw