Hi Jim . . .

That was my point, although without mentioning the paint.

I should have said "worth RE-considering."

Kent

On 4/14/2017 3:33 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On Fri,4/14/2017 1:13 PM, KENT TRIMBLE wrote:
The assumption has always been that the driver and passengers are riding inside a Faraday Cage

There are HUGE holes in that assumption in the form of non-metallic parts and paint preventing contact between metal parts. An enclosure forms a Faraday cage ONLY if it is continuous. and ONLY if all conductors penetrating it have either a feed-through to the enclosure or, if a shielded conductor, the shield is bonded to the enclosure at the point of entry.

Modern vehicles have lots of paint between metal parts. When I used Hamsticks on my Volvo S80, I had to bond the mount to the trunk, and I had to bond around the trunk hinges.

73, Jim K9YC

Message delivered to k9...@socket.net

-----
No virus found in this message.