On Fri,4/14/2017 9:06 PM, Matt Zilmer wrote:
I used Sirius in the early 2000s, and used to experience regular dropouts of 4 seconds in several locations on my commuteto/from work. Each of these areas was under a highway or freeway.

I occasionally car pool to ham events with a neighbor in his high end VW. He bought the satellite service, and we sometimes listen to it. It drops out with foliage and under overpasses. Sound quality is so bad that it's hard to listen to any form of acoustic music. Perhaps too much data compression, made worse by any problems with the signal path.

73, Jim K9YC