A number of tunnels are “wired” for broadband radio reception.  A bit of years
ago when they were building the I-90 stretch between Bellevue and Seattle there
are two major “tunnels” on each side of the I-90 floating bridge (across Lake
Washington).  The tunnel on Mercer Island is actually not a tunnel but a
covered section of the freeway but the tunnel on the west end is through the
hill (known as the Mount Baker tunnel but not because it is under Mount Baker
but because it is under the Mount Baker neighborhood of Seattle).

So, a news article at the time described how the technology was employed to
provide radio reception for AM, FM, and also cellular communication.  I don’t
remember reading about Sirius/XM radio though.  I do know that my HF mobile
operations come to a halt through those tunnels.  As signals drop off after a
100 feet or so from the opening and don’t come back until the other side.

Unfortunately, I can’t remember anything of the details of how this was done
but I suspect wide-band amplifiers and wires and top-side wide-band antennas.

73, phil, K7PEH