From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of wa9fvp
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2017 1:27 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Sub Receiver & KBPF3

I just installed the Sub receiver and the KBPF3A in my K3S.  I have one
complaint and one concern.

First the activation of the KBPF3A is very vague.  It's mentioned in the
users manual on page 60 (the configuration menu) but there's nothing that
says, while in (CONFIG:KBFP3) that you have to press [SUB] and then select
"nor".  I double checked the installation manual for the sub receiver and
the KBFP3A but there was nothing about activating the General Coverage
filters.

My concern is;  I consider myself as an experienced kit builder but for me,
it was a bit difficult installing the Sub-Receiver.  The TMP cables were in
the way and sub-receiver box was a bit difficult getting the SUBIN and
SUBOUT boards to align and mate properly.  Someone who is new to kit
building would have a more difficult time.

The sub-receiver is working great and the one thing I like about it is; it's
a clone of the main receiver with FM, AM, 2.8, 400 and 250Hz filters.  I
wonder how the sub-receiver would stack-up on Sherwood Engineering's test
data.

Jack WA9FVP
Willco Electronics

-----