You learn those things after you have been shipping frequently for a while.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 4/26/2017 2:46 PM, Erik Basilier wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Basilier [mailto:ebasil...@cox.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 11:43 AM
To: 'Rick Tavan' <r...@tavan.com>
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] OT: Package shippers

In the past I have used UPS extensively, but recently they refused to ship
my expensive tube amplifier, in its original packing materials, unless I
would pay them to re-pack in their own, new packing materials. I was told
that their new policy is that, unless the insured value is less than $100,
the customer must pay for new packing materials, provided and packed by UPS.
Even before the extra packing expense, their price was much higher than
FedEx.