I'm not sure how much I would trust the temperature strap. Certainly not
enough to leave it charging unattended. These things, from what I see on
Youtube, start their reaction on the inside and violently explode. I am not
sure reading case temperatures would give warning soon enough.

Maybe I missed this in the thread but can someone cite an authoritative and
maybe trustworthy source for Lithium battery safety? So many old spouse
tales seem to have grown up around this technology.

Kev K4VD