I apologize that this is not a direct Elecraft equipment question, but
having the K2, KX2, KX3, PX3 and KXPA100, I thought I would ask.  I will be
moving to a new QTH.  I just took down an old Cushcraft ATB-34, on a 50 ft.
tower.  It was the predecessor to the A4.  I need a beam with a smaller
footprint.  I am looking at the Mosley TA 33-JR.    My other antenna will be
a multi-band doublet fed with 450 window line, so it will be able to work
the WARC bands, however, the apex will only be about 25 ft. high, about roof
level,  so it will mostly be a cloud burner, but great for my local CW skeds
on 80 and 40.  My beam will be at 32-35 ft; 8 ft. above my roofline to the
east.  My QTH will be high on a hill facing the east.  With that background,
here is the question:

If I were to order the Mosley TA33-JR-N-WARC,  with the WARC bands included,
even though they will have zero gain, will the ability to rotate the beam
make the reception of the 12 and 17 meter bands better in all other
directions than the orientation of my doublet?  My intuition says yes, but I
thought I would ask.

Also, I know that longer length antennas for a given band usually perform
better than a trapped antenna, but I would think that my low height doublet
will not be as effective as a WARC beam.  My doublet will be just at the
height of my house and drop to 10 foot poles on the NW and SW lot corners.

I hated to give up my 50 ft. tower and beam, and my 80 meter horizontal loop
at 40 ft., but sometimes compromises have to be made.   Being primarily a CW
op will help some.

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Very 73's,

Terry de N7TB