On Sat,5/20/2017 9:14 PM, Igor Sokolov wrote:
Reality sometimes differ from calculations.

When that happens, the person doing the calculating has not correctly formed the equation to define the problem, or doesn't know how to calculate. :)

I've done a lot of modeling using NEC, and every antenna I've built has performed as the calculations predicted -- unless I screwed up the model. Likewise, in my professional life, I did a lot of careful modeling of sound systems I designed, and when I got the model right and built what I modeled, the system worked as predicted.

Brown's first law -- "if you think there's a difference between theory and practice, you don't know enough about one or the other." In other words, there were variables that you didn't consider or know about, like terrain, ground conductivity, mounting height, propagation, loss in matching or coupling methods, loss in traps, etc.

73, Jim K9YC