On 5/21/2017 12:45 AM, Vic Rosenthal wrote:
The TH11DXX that G3TXQ compares to the Hexbeam has at least 3 elements on each band and is a modern design, no traps.
The TH11 has driven elements for 12, 17, 15, 12 and 10 (2) with
reflectors for 20 and 17 and trapped directors for 10, 15 and 20.
Element spacing is nowhere near optimum and, other than the DE,
any 12 meter performance is nearly accidental.

If someone found that the C3 (2 el on each band) outperformed it, I
would be very suspicious that something was wrong with the sample
tested.
You are welcome to argue with K7LXC/N0AX but their testing protocol
is well documented and they do not indicate any abnormal behavior
in the tested TH11 where they do note issues with other antennas.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV