See my earlier responses to both gentlemen.  <smile>

1) Frequency response....  yep, understand and agree.  One of the things
I learned from one of Jim's papers as a matter of fact.  Which is why I
modified the mic design slightly to produce a frequency response curve
more suited to amateur radio and as clean as I could possibly make it
within my resources.  Thanks, Jim.
2) Also why I use Jim's recommendations for TX EQ on the K3s as a
starting place to NOT waste power.  Thanks again, Jim!

I don't consider it EVER a "waste" when I 1) learn new stuff, and 2)
have fun... which of of course my primary motivation for doing ANY of
this in the first place.
And the "brand name" on my microphone is "Autery" or "KY5G".  <wink>

Have a super Sunday!!

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389