Hmmm ... I've had it for several years and it saw some use before I got it but I doubt it's old enough to be a carbon mic like the WW2 T-17.

I just assumed the "noise cancelling" part applied to the headphones. I didn't know it might apply to the mic. There's no external noise in my shack to cancel anyway.

The connector is round and the contacts stick out of the face. I think there are 6, maybe Headphones, Mic, and PTT? There's a push-switch in the cable. It looks like the connector fits over the panel connector and you twist is to lock it ... like a BNC. I don't think the headphones are stereo which is a big negative with my K3.

I was just curious. This sounds like a project for some time when I have exactly nothing else to do. [:-) Thanks for the info

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County