While I run WSJT-X for JT-65 and JT-9, I use the radio to computer USB cable for communications and audio. Of course I'm running Windows 10. Everything works great and very simple to set up and operate.

While your preference is Linux, seems you are making the issue much more complex than necessary. I can't assist with any of the applications you reference.

73

Bob, K4TAX