Hi Jim,

I can’t give any suggestions / answers regarding the K2 part of the question,
but…. I run a KX3 connected to my Raspberry Pi 3 and operate WSJT-X JT65, JT9,
and MSK144. Also use FLDIGI, but very, very seldom. I use a Tascam external USB
sound card: the US125M model. With WXJT-X up and running, if I select the
Preferences->Audio tab, here is what I have:

Input:    sysdefault: CARD=CODEC   Left
Output: sysdefault: CARD=CODEC   Mono

And yes, there a bunch of devices listed in that drop-down, but the above works
just fine for me.

I’m running Raspian Jessie for the OS, and my WSJT-X is a development version:
1.7.1 r7557

Hope that helps on the audio side.

73, Jim / W6JHB

Jim Bennett