Regarding the defrost heat element, there's two terminals, one on either side. However with the resistance of the defrost wiring in the window, it might be more like a dummy load. Of course one could just feed one side against the auto body, unless one drives a Corvette which is mostly plastic. grrrr

Seems I recall a DDRR antenna which was a low profile, roof mountable antenna. The 40M version would be a bit large with a diameter of some 9 ft, although one might reduce the size and still make a 40M - 10M of reasonable dimensions with reasonable efficiency.

73

Bob, K4TAX

K3S s/n 10163