No, you wouldn't have to go to multiple places.  You click your Bookmark for
the Elecraft forum - one place.  If you like to see EVERYTHING that's new,
you click the New Posts button.  If you are only interested in the K3, you
click the K3 subforum that is a link on the main main of the Elecraft forum.
When you're done, you click Mark All Forums Read, and next time you log in,
you see what's new.

Search is very easy and customizable - by subject, author, title, date
range, etc.  That alone would cut down on considerable traffic, as the same
questions wouldn't be repeated over and over.

It's very easy.  I read probably half a dozen forums (mostly non-ham) and
it's a part of my morning routine.  It's a lot less time consuming and
cumbersome than reading through emails, filters or not.

Of course, the final decision resides with the Elecraft powers-that-be.  It
surprises me that such a customer-friendly and state-of-the-art group hasn't
already taken this step.  Just food for thought...

Barry W2UP

Allan Zadiraka wrote