On 19/08/17 13:12, Barry wrote:
> As Elecraft has grown, this email list has gotten quite a bit more traffic.
> It's not easy to manage, especially with the increasing number of products
> all lumped in.
>
> Why not convert it over to a forum?  Use vBulletin or similar, and every
> product can have its own subcategory, and it would be much easier to pick
> and choose topics of interest.

With respect, I disagree. This email list is easy enough to manage if
you use a decent email client, such as Thunderbird. I read 19 different
lists and groups this way, some of them high volume like this one.

For each list, I have filters that automatically sort incoming messages
into one of 19 folders, leaving just non-list stuff in my default inbox.
I then view the lists in 'threaded' mode, and if there's a thread I'm
not following, or if I haven't got time to read the list at all that
day, I just 'mark thread as read' or 'mark all as read'.

A web forum does none of this, and you can only go through the messages
as fast as the forum's web server will let you. It's a thoroughly
inferior way of working.

That said, I wish this list was restricted to Elecraft-related topics
only - there's far too much noise IMHO.

73,
Richard G4DYA