I'm going to add that nearly every UPS made is meant to bridge the time between when the power goes out, and the (automatic) generator starts.

If you don't have a generator, the UPS signals the computer(s) so that they can shut down gracefully and turn the UPS off.

The (typically AGM lead-acid) batteries are sized for maybe 15 minutes, which is way too fast. Drawing a lead-acid battery flat in 15 minutes will kill it in only a few cycles.

What I did as part of my ISP was to remove the batteries from my UPSes and replace 7 or 12Ah batteries with 100Ah batteries outside the case.

That didn't get me to the 10 hours for maximum battery life, but it got me to 8 hours.....

Jim's suggestion also lets you size the battery to run all the gear for more than a few minutes.

73 -- Lynn