I asked about this on the Yahoo WSJT-X group:

From one of the developers,

"Hi Wes,

we do not support serial port splitting products with WSJT-X, they are unreliable as there is no acceptable way to divide control of a single device without arbitration. If you get it working then that's fine but don't expect it to stay working.

What is your logging program and SDR console? There might be a better solution.

73
Bill
G4WJS."